The completed Quiet Garden was successfully launched on Monday 27th November with help from The Worshipful Mayor of Poole, Councillor Lindsay Wilson. The launch included a lovely performance by The Bittersweet Harmony and Care Free Choirs and was supported by The Ark Cafe who supplied sandwiches, cakes and hot drinks. Thanks to everyone involved in the launch and we hope that everyone enjoyed the event despite the cold weather!
The Quiet Garden was very much a community effort and we would like to give a big thank-you to the following local groups and individuals who supported the project.
Those who donated to the project
- Tesco through the Bags of Help scheme donated £8,000
- The Heritage Lottery Fund donated through the Park’s For People Poole Park Life Project
- The Bittersweet Harmony and Care Free Choirs donated £500 from their Choir Festival event and gave a lovely performance in keeping with the garden as part of its launch
- The Fence Stores Group for discounting the Fencing
- Suttles Stone for discounting stone used for pathways
- The families who donated benches through the Borough of Poole Bench Memorial Scheme
- The Ark for providing a lovely spread of sandwiches and cakes
Those who helped to design the garden
- Local residents and stakeholders who gave their ideas regarding quiet and sensory gardens for Poole Park
- Barbara Uphoff Borough of Poole Landscape Designer who worked with feedback given by local residents to develop this design, who oversaw much of the works and developed this lovely planting scheme!
Everyone who worked on the project
- The Poole Park Gardening Volunteers who helped to clear the site, moved ‘mountains’ of mulch and mushroom compost and planted around 1,500 plants!
- Streetscene Team Borough of Poole
- Bournemouth & Poole College Students
- Chestnut Nursery for sourcing some of the plants
Thank-you again to everyone involved, we could not have done it without you. We hope that all visitors enjoy this new edition to Poole Park!