Poole Projects | Parks | Green Spaces
Publications, background reading, strategies and management plans
Strategies & Management Plans
Canford Heath Nature Reserve Management Plan 2010-2020 (PDF, 5Mb file size)
About the Management Plan (archived page)
Poole Park Management & Maintenance Plan 2017-2030 (PDF, 9MB file size)
Further Poole Park management plans produced as a result of the Heritage Lottery funding bid can be found at Poole Park Life
Play & play design
Recommended reading for anyone interested in children’s play
- No Fear: growing up in a risk averse society by Tim Gill (97pp, PDF, 3Mb file size)
- Natural Childhood by Stephen Moss for the National Trust (28pp, PDF, 1Mb file size)
Other documents and articles concerning children’s play:
- Playgrounds Too Safe to Keep Little Kids Active January 2012 from MedPage Today
- Playground Safety July 2011 from the New York Times
- Designing and planning for play CABE publication 2008
- Design for play: a guide to creating successful play spaces Play England 2008
- Joint Play Strategy for the Children & Young People of Bournemouth & Poole 2007 revised May 2008
Further outdoor play information can be found at our Links page
Canoeing in Poole Harbour (pdf, 5Mb) – as part of Borough of Poole’s work to raise awareness of Bird Sensitive Areas in Poole Harbour, this leaflet is made available to help canoeists enjoy the harbour safely & responsibly. It suggests how they can minimise the disturbance to important species at the same time as appreciating the wildlife, and includes a useful map of the Harbour.
Printed versions have been distributed to water sport shops, rental/tour businesses and clubs in Wareham and Poole Harbour.
The leaflet includes a useful ‘Discover Poole Harbour’ map; it was produced in August 2016 by the Dorset Coast Forum with the input of many organisations including Birds of Poole Harbour, Poole Harbour Commissioners, Dorset Wildlife Trust, National Trust, Borough of Poole and the Poole Harbour Canoe Club. It was funded by Natural England and the RNLI, supported by the Poole Harbour Steering Group.
Join us on Facebook
Parks & Open Spaces Newsletter; please click here to subscribe to a regular copy