Volunteer Opportunity: Gardening at Upton Country Park
Gardening volunteer – perfect match if you….
- enjoy working or gardening outdoors
- know or want to learn about plants and gardening
- want to be part of a team looking after one of Poole’s best loved parks
- are enthusiastic
This volunteer opportunity may be just what you are looking for!
Gardening volunteer group sessions take place at Upton Country Park on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, starting at 10am.
All equipment is provided, but please bring a packed lunch.
Weather appropriate clothing and sturdy footwear is recommended.
Why volunteer for gardening at Upton Country Park?
The award winning Upton Country Park includes over 130 acres of park land, shore line and formal estate gardens. One of Poole’s favourite tourist destinations, the park is free to enter and offers a walled garden, tea rooms, woodland trail and vast areas of open space to explore. Upton Country Park is served by excellent public transport links, including its own bus stop.
By volunteering at Upton Country Park, you will make a difference to a park loved by thousands and your efforts will be appreciated and enjoyed by its many visitors throughout the year.
You will join a group of friendly and welcoming volunteers who will be able to introduce you to the park and volunteering, and guide you in your experience. You will be able to develop your knowledge and skills around gardening, and see the results of your volunteering.
Why join the Poole Enviroteers?
So, if volunteer gardening sounds like the right opportunity for you, then you can sign up to be a member of the Poole Enviroteers. The Enviroteers brings together environmental volunteers and environmental volunteering opportunities in Poole.
Membership benefits include:
- Exclusive monthly newsletter detailing all our volunteering opportunities across Poole that focus on the environmental sector
- Ability to set your volunteering profile with your interests, skills and qualifications so that the right volunteering opportunity can be matched to you
- Access to a volunteer time clock to log all your volunteering hours, with a reward scheme in place to recognise the amount of work our volunteers put in
- Set your volunteering goal in terms of hours and projects
- Hear about new volunteering opportunities first, and have you say in developing new opportunities
Signing up is simple – fill in a brief application form online, or one of our paper forms at our events and volunteering sessions.
To join the gardening group and the Poole Enviroteers, click here.
To get in touch with the Poole Enviroteers team, email us here.