Volunteer Opportunity: Events Officer for The Friends of Coy Pond
Events Officer – perfect match if you….
- are interested in your local community
- enjoy being creative
- have great communication skills
- can work well in a team
- love the outdoors
This volunteer opportunity may be just what you are looking for!
The Friends of Coy Pond are looking for an Events Officer to help plan and manage their events calendar. This will include events such as the carols by the pond in Coy Pond, as well as fundraising opportunities such as summer picnics and tabletop sales.
Why volunteer with the Friends of Coy Pond?
The Friends of Coy Pond are a proactive and well respected community group. Stewards of the Coy Pond Gardens site located in Branksome East, the group have worked tirelessly to improve the open space for users and hold events for the local community. The group is going from strength to strength and they are now looking to bolster their committee with enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to help make a difference in their local area.
By volunteering as Events Officer for the Friends of Coy Pond, you will be able to develop skills and experience of event management. You will engage with members of the local community to improve the events calendar for the Friends of Coy Pond. You will be able to put your own stamp on new activities and events.
The Friends of Coy Pond are looking for exciting ways to attract more people to their events. You will also work closely with a Fundraising Officer who will look for funding opportunities to support running events.
What’s the commitment?
The time commitment is expected to be between 8 and 10 hours a month, though this will vary. There are also committee meetings which the Events Officer would need to attend; these are usually held in the evening in Poole.
Why join the Poole Enviroteers?
So, if volunteering for a community group sounds like the right opportunity for you, sign up to be a member of the Poole Enviroteers. The Enviroteers brings together environmental volunteers and environmental volunteering opportunities in Poole.
Membership benefits include:
- Exclusive monthly newsletter detailing all our volunteering opportunities across Poole that focus on the environmental sector
- Ability to set your profile with your interests, skills and qualifications so that the right opportunity can be matched to you
- Access to a time clock to log all your hours, with a reward scheme to recognise the amount of work our volunteers put in
- Set your volunteering goal in terms of hours and projects
- Hear about new volunteering opportunities first, and have you say in developing new opportunities
Signing up is simple. Fill in a brief application form online, or one of our paper forms at our events and volunteering sessions.
To join the gardening group and the Poole Enviroteers, click here.
To get in touch with the Poole Enviroteers team, email us here.